Monday 25 February 2013

Monday Morning!

Dear Diary,

How's things?  its Monday morning and today I'm back at work for the start of a four day shift, not that I'm complainng as if it wasn't Monday yesterday wouldn't have been Sunday.

And yesterday I had a Fantastic Day, I woke early, brushed my teeth, had a cuppa and then snuggled back in bed with my kindle and began to read. I had already downloaded 'The Book of Deacon' by Joseph R. Lallo and began it a few days ago but not really had time to give it a real go. I stayed in my bed all day with the world passing me by. Me my kindle and occassionally one or other of the cats. I got up only for the bathroom and to eat a really nice Sunday roast at the dining table in my P.J's. before returning to bed with another cuppa.  I enjoyed the book so much I downloaded the second in the series straight away. 'The Great Convergence!'

By  evening I must own I was feeling a little guilty as I'd done nothing with 'The Tessellation Saga' (my book) and was more than a little tired but having spent the entire day in bed I thought perhaps it would be prudent to spend just a little time with the other members of the family,  so I donned a dressing gown and went downstairs.

Yes the house was just as I'd left it after washing up after dinner. (bloomin' dishwasher on the blink!)  Family in front of TV. Fire blazing away in the hearth.

 On the Tv 'Call the Midwife' was on. Its a series based on the memoires of a late 1950's midwife in London. A brilliantly written program that I'm glad I got up to watch.

After my Oh so gruelling' day and seeing the hardships and ofttimes poverty that families in those days had to live through made me glad my children were born long after then and gave me a newfound respect for my late parents who brought my siblings and I into the world not long after that time.

So back to this morning, I have made myself get up early and leave the kindle beside the bed. The Great Convergence will have to wait until I get home from work, so thats about 23:00 and from now until I have to get ready for work myself, (still in P.J's though clean ones, I hasten to add) The Tessellation Saga will have some of my attention. The Great Convergence can wait.

Just a thought, a wish really, Tessellation is enjoyed only half as much as I enjoyed Book of Deacon, I would be extremly happy!

If I knew how to post a link to my book, here would probably be a good place but its available on Amazon for kindle. The Tessellation Saga, by yours truly, D.J.Ridgway.  If you fancy a read, hopefully a good one,  so, Ta Muchly!   see you soon.

PS. I'm dead impressed I managed to post the Picture,  I'll be copying and pasting in no time! lol

Speak soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment