Saturday 2 February 2013

Just when I think I've fininshed!


Hello me,
Here I am again back to editing, seriously I never realised just how hard it is. Like the title says, just when I think I've finished I find something else. Still the proverbial 'fat lady' hasn't sung yet so I'll keep going...  

So thinking of influences, what influenced me in the writing of Tess 1? A discussion with my son Simon and the story began.
 A memory of a gentle cartoon goose gave me Gideon, his character with his selfless, loving and caring outlook on life comes from a person close to me whom I won’t name as he would die of embarrassment!  Mayan, well she is a young lady dancer whom I met at my first Zumba class, graceful, full of energy and great fun.  To be honest, Mayan was already a character but she didn’t have a face or a personality but when I met the young dancer, I immediately thought of Mayan. So as Mayan progressed in the story and grew, the young lady was there in my mind and became real. As for Toby, well what can I say; we all have dark times but out of the darkness we can usually find hope and purpose, if we look deeply enough. (OMG, does that mean there’s hope for him!).
 I have to admit though, a big influence throughout Tess 1 & 2 (which I am currently working on) is a very dear friend of mine called Gilly. I’m sure when she reads Tess 1 she will see herself in the words of both Varan and Sonal, not to mention Thaddrick.
 In the Tess Saga, friendships between siblings, parents and their children and friends are tested, time and time again. So far they have managed to prevail and I sincerely hope they continue to do so but as the characters grow I can’t tell what they will do or what will happen, blame my fingers, they type the words and sometimes even I am surprised at what appears on the page!
Till next time… J

No comments:

Post a Comment